What is Webroot?
Webroot provides internet security for consumers and businesses. It provides complete protection for viruses and identity theft for all your devices. Webroot.com/safe operates your system on a regular basis and increases your performance of the computer. It is an efficient antivirus that focuses on security and speed. Whenever you access any website, it avoids fraudulent websites and downloads your software only from trusted websites.
Webroot uses antivirus protection and a firewall and always keep your system up to date. Hence, it is a multi-device protection and is considered to be the lightest and fastest antivirus product in the market. Below-mentioned are its features:
- What is Webroot?
- Features of Webroot.
- What Webroot Offers?
- Minimum System Requirements:
- How To Create a Webroot Account?
- Procedure To Download Webroot.
- Procedure To Install Webroot.
- Procedure To Download and Install on Android
- Procedure To Download and Install on iOS.
- Procedure To Reinstall Webroot Antivirus.
Features Of Webroot:
- It provides protection to your computer including firewall, identity theft protection, anti-phishing, web-filtering and more.
- Webroot blocks viruses, spyware, worms, trojans, and other online threats.
- Protects your smartphone and tablet from harmful apps and secure your personal data.
- Webroot uses Password encryption technology that makes logging into different sites safer and easier. It also secures the usernames, passwords, and credit card number you use on shopping and banking sites.
- The Password Manager feature converts your password into a code and saves all your passwords.
- Webroot protects your mobile devices by using the Web Console and maintain protection remotely if you are away from your device.
What Webroot.com/safe Offers?
Webroot is designed to improve the functioning of all your devices and provides a regular scanning. It offers the following products:
It is an advanced antivirus and antispyware threat protection for PC or Mac. Webroot Antivirus always provides security to your system and keeps your confidential information safe and secure. It detects harmful and phishing websites and block them before it reaches your system. Also, Webroot antivirus has a fast scanning engine that provides quick scans for the system.
Webroot Internet Security Plus helps in protecting your identity, online shopping, online banking, etc. and secures up to 5 PCs, Macs, tablets or smartphones. When users click any link, open a mail or download an app, hackers can hack your system and steal your confidential information. Also, threats like ransomware, crypto-jacking are continuously increasing. So, Webroot offers complete internet security to its users and protect from viruses and threats, without even slowing down your computer.
It scans your computer for malware and viruses in seconds. It includes a two-way firewall, Email anti-spam, registry cleaner, secure browsing, anti-phishing, and a password management service. In this product, the password management tool is designed to store login information such as username and password as well as personal information used in common forms. Also, a master password is used to gain access to all of the stored information. So, it provides protection against the stealing of private information.
Minimum System Requirements:
To install Webroot, you must fulfill all the system requirements.
- Windows 10, 32- and 64-bit, Windows 8 and 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista® 32-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista SP1, SP2 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions)
- 128 MB minimum RAM
- 2 GB recommended RAM
Hard Disk Space:
- 15 MB
- OS X 10.9 (Mavericks®), OS X 10.10 (Yosemite®), OS X 10.11 (El Capitan®)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra®), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra®)
- 128 MB minimum
Hard Disk Space:
- 15 MB
- Android operating system version 4.4 (Kit Kat) or higher
- Android-compatible phones and tablets, including Kindle and Nook
For iOS :
- iOS 10 or later
- Compatible with iPhone®, iPod Touch®, and iPad® mobile digital devices
How To Create a Webroot Account?
To create a webroot, follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, visit the official website of Webroot.
- Now, click on the “My Account” tab located on the top of the page.
- Then, you are required to click on “Create Account” and enter the required details.
- Firstly, enter your “Webroot Product Keycode” that you receive while purchasing the product.
- Then, “Enter Your Email Address” in the next field.
- Now, “Retype your email address to confirm it.
- After that, you need to set a password for your account. Your password must fulfill all the below-given specifications:
- The password should contain at least 8 characters.
- Must include uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Must include at least one numeric value.
- Use valid symbols.
- Next, “Enter your personal security code” that should be of minimum 6 characters.
- Read the Privacy Statement, Terms of Service and License Agreement of Webroot carefully by clicking on their links located on the bottom of the page.
- If you agree to all the terms and conditions, click on “Register Now” .
- Now, you will receive an email to confirm your webroot.com/safe account.
- Open the mail and click “verify”.
Now, you can log in to your webroot account.
Procedure To Download Webroot (Webroot.com/safe)
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, you need to visit webroot.com/safe. By doing so, it will open the Home page of Webroot.
- Now, click on “For Home” or “For Business” according to your use and preference. The tabs are located on the top of the Webroot home page.
- Next, choose the desired product that you want to download.
- If you want a free trial, click on “Try it free” and the download procedure will automatically start.
- But, if you want to purchase the webroot product, you have to click on the “Buy Now” button.
- After that, a new window will appear on your screen in which you will be asked to “Enter your Billing information”. It includes your name, email address, city, state and postal code.
- In addition, read the Webroot Service Terms and Conditions by clicking on the link mentioned on the page.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, checkmark the given box and carry on to the next step.
- Now, you need to choose your payment method for example credit card, Paypal, etc. in order to initiate the purchase process.
- Then, you are required to “Enter Your Payment Details” i.e your card number, expiration date, security code, etc.
- Now, review your order carefully. If you want to make any changes in your order, do it right away.
- Lastly, click on the “Buy Now” button which is located at the bottom of the page.
- After the order is successfully placed and the payment is done, you will receive an email to confirm your purchase. Also, it includes a download link to download your purchased product.
- Now, you are required to open the mail and click on the downloaded link.
- Further, the download will start and it may take a few minutes. Wait until the process gets completed. Do not close the window or shut down your computer.
- Once, the downloading of your software finishes, save it in the download folder.
Now, you are set to install your Webroot product.
Procedure To Install Webroot (Webroot.com/safe)
Once you have purchased and download Webroot, you need to install it on your device. Follow all the below-given steps to start the installation procedure.
If you want to install Webroot on Windows, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open your downloads folder.
- Then, double click the downloaded .exe file.
- After clicking on the file, a dialog box will appear and you are required to click on the “Run” button.
- Now, in the next window, enter your product key code in the required field.
- After that, you need to read the “License Agreement” by clicking on the link.
- If you agree to all the terms and conditions of the agreement, click on the “Agree and Install” button.
- Then, after the installation procedure is completed, click on the “Finish” button.
If you want to install Webroot on Mac, follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Firstly, double-click .dmg file and it will start running.
- In the next window, you have to drag your Webroot product icon and drop it into the Applications folder.
- After that, open the Applications folder by double-clicking the folder icon.
- Now, in the applications folder, Double-click your Webroot product icon and a dialog box will appear on the screen. You need to click on the “Open” button.
- After that, you need to select the language by clicking on the dropdown box and then click “Next”.
- In the next window, you need to enter the 20 character keycode that was given to you in the mail.
- Now, read the license agreement carefully and if you agree to it, click on the “Agree and Install” button.
- Next, to continue the installation procedure, “Enter your Apple system password” and click on the “OK” button.
The installation process is now complete.
Procedure To Download and Install on Android
Webroot protects your mobile device from various threats and viruses. Also, it improves the performance of your mobile device by scanning it on a regular basis. So to install Webroot on android, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, open the “Play Store” on your mobile device.
- Then, search for your Webroot product in the search field, which is located on the top of your screen.
- After that, choose your product and click on the green “Install” button in order to install the application. You need to wait until the installation is completed.
- After it finishes downloading, you need to tap on the green “Open” button.
- After that, a dialog box will appear on the screen, click on “Allow” button to proceed to the next step.
- Now, it will start scanning your application.
- Once the scan is completed, click on the menu icon located on the top left corner and sign in to your account. If you have not created your account before, create an account first.
- Enter your email address and password and once again click on the “Sign in” button.
- The installation process is now complete. Also, to set up its various features, follow the on-screen instructions.
Procedure To Download and Install on iOS:
- Firstly, open the App Store on your device.
- Then, search for your Webroot.com/safe product under the app store.
- After that, you need to click on the “Get” button and then tap “Install”.
- Next, a dialog box will appear, click on the “OK” button.
- Now, To complete the downloading procedure, you will be asked to enter the Apple ID password. Hence, enter your Apple ID password and click on the “OK” button.
- Once the download procedure is completed, tap on the “Open” button.
- Now, click on the “Continue” button in order to proceed to the next step.
- After that, tap on the “Get started” button to open your application.
- Further, you need to sign in to your account. But if have not created your account, you are required to create an account first. Then, enter your email id and password and once again click the “Webroot Login“ button.
- The installation procedure is now complete and to set up its various features, you need to enable the settings. For that, follow the on-screen instructions.
Procedure To Reinstall Webroot Antivirus:
If you have a technical issue with the current product of Webroot.com/safe, you can reinstall webroot by using the same keycode you receive at the time of purchase. But before reinstallation, firstly you have to uninstall the software from your device through the control panel. Sometimes, it does not completely remove the software. So, webroot also offers cleanup tools by using which you can remove all traces of the software from your system. Hence, below is the reinstallation procedure:
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Next, you need to click on the “Run” button in order to initiate the installation procedure.
- After this, enter the same Webroot 20 character alpha-numeric Keycode that you use when installing it for the first time. The keycode is already sent by Webroot on your confirmation mail or inside the physical box if you have purchased it offline.
- Thus, the installation procedure will start on your device.
- Once the product is successfully installed to the device, the users may restart the computer by clicking the “Restart” button.
- Double-click .dmg file on your Mac device and it will start running.
- Now, “Drag and Drop” your webroot product icon into the applications folder.
- In the applications folder, double-click the Webroot icon and you need to click on the “Open” button.
- In the next window, select the language and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, enter the same Webroot product keycode that you use at the time of installing it for the first time.
- Next, read the license agreement carefully and click on the “Agree and Install” button.
Lastly, enter your Apple System Password and click on the “OK” button.
- webroot.com/safe activate
- webroot.com/safe android
- webroot.com/safe internet security plus
- webroot.com/safe business security
- www webroot.com/safe
- webroot.com/safe geek squad